Sunday, December 12, 2010

One last photo shoot...


When I was little, I wanted to be a mommy when I grew up. I also wanted to be an Elementary School Teacher and a Pediatrician. As amazing as it seems, the Lord has blessed me with all three "jobs". I am a mother. I am a teacher to the children who look up to me for guidance. And I am a doctor to a little boy who requires continuous medical care.

With ambitious goals my entire life, I have had a hard time sitting still in one position for too long. My hands require constant work. Boredom and laziness has always been my fear, so I have required myself to stay busy throughout my work as a wife and a mother. Computer work came easy after the housework was finished, but photography was my passion. I was intent to capture each and every moment I wanted to memorize with a still picture. With much reading and studying, photography came a bit more natural to me. I adored capturing moments in time, and I likewise adored helping others capture their family memories in photographs as well.

My photography turned into a semi-business...

And then Nathan was born.

I do not have to explain how much work it takes raising a child with special needs. I know that you can imagine that on your own. But add that into the mix of raising 2 precious girls who love school, soccer, ballet, play dates, and anything that correlates with the previous mentioned...indeed, my life is full.

My dreams as a child have been fulfilled. I am a mother. I am a teacher. I am a doctor.

However, I can not be a photographer anymore. That just doesn't fit into the mix that is our life at this moment. So as of this moment, I will not take anymore photo sessions for an undisclosed time. My photography website will be erased in time, as it is a bit expensive to keep. I do, however, wish to continue our Photos for Mito fundraiser each fall, as this brings forth a good amount of money for a disease that affects our family so much. But for all else, I apologize...

As a mother, I believe it is healthy to admit to others when you are not able to keep up with your duties...and in this I admit...I can not do it all. I trust you all understand.

In leaving this incredible passion to provide other families with generation-lasting photographs, I leave you with a few shots from my last shoot...a precious little newborn who I adore:

6 comments:

~sydney~ on December 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM said...

Beautifully written, Amber. You are such a talented woman...especially as a mother. We love and miss you and your sweet family.

Lok on December 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM said...

Not "no", just "not right now". You are so very talented, and I learn so much by just looking at the photos you take of your own children!

WAY TO GO for doing what you need to do. You are so blessed and you are a blessing!

Cassie on December 13, 2010 at 3:46 PM said...

i agree. so wonderfully put. those pictures are amazing- what a shoot to go out on! I love the stocking idea!

Wanda on December 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM said...

I pray you experienced a sense of peace as you wrote what is in your heart. You are a wonderful mother, a teacher and the best doctor your children could ever have! Even more than these, you are a Godly woman who is trying to do what she feels is the best thing to do for her family! Love you!

Dawn Camp on December 13, 2010 at 10:39 PM said...

It takes a lot to admit you can't do it all, and give up something you love because it's the right thing to do now.

The photos are beautiful. You'll still be shooting your family, and it will all come together again at the right time. You're choosing what's needed now.

Amanda on December 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM said...

I totally understand, as I am sure everyone else who will read and has read this heart felt post will and does. It is a huge thing to admit when you just can't do something any more, especially something that is so close to your heart. I'm sure it's been a huge burden lifted from your shoulders to put it out there. Love you all so much!!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez