Friday, December 17, 2010

Signing off for a bit...


We ended our festivities of the season here with a pajama day at Abby's school and a huge classroom breakfast for the little guys. Emma and Nate also joined Abby's class all decked out in warm PJs for the breakfast, and I completely forgot my camera to capture the fun. To round the day out, Emma had school, Nate had therapy, our beloved home health nurse came by to check all our equipment before our long trip, and I spent the rest of the afternoon packing clothes, meds, and the kitchen sink for our cross-country journey to visit family for the holidays.
I did receive another call this morning from a doctor in the ENT clinic, and she confirmed what we originally thought...the biopsy from Tuesday was inconclusive. I will undergo an additional surgery under anesthesia to remove one of the larger lymphnodes when we return from Kentucky in a couple of weeks. I should know an exact date within the next week.

So, this bids you all goodbye for a while. I will have a birthday post for Abby's 7th birthday on the 28th (can you believe my baby is going to be 7??), but I do not plan to post any before that date. I do, however, plan to enjoy the company of my parents, siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews...along with those of my husband and little munchkins. I am really looking forward to this extended time of rest and reflection on God's goodness to our family over this past year. Merry Christmas to each of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers! WE LOVE YOU GUYS! Beth, Brian, Matthew and Lucas

Ash on December 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Heidi on December 20, 2010 at 4:34 AM said...

Good for you to take a break and enjoy some family time. Praying Nate will get out of the hospital soon so he can still enjoy Christmas! Saying a prayer for you Amber, youre in my thoughts-
Heidi & Jack

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez