10. The stretch of I-10 through the Florida panhandle is perhaps one of the most agonizingly boring stretches of interstate in this country.
9. One of the best things about a smart phone on a long trip is PANDORA! Wuv it!!
8. I'm pretty sure that there are fingerprints embedded into the steering wheel from the fear of plunging into the murky water under all the long bridges we passed from Alabama through Louisianna.
7. I am also pretty sure that I now have a good plan of escape for the little guy and I on the chance that we plunge into the depths of the murky water under the countless bridges we have to cross on our way home.
6. When stopping at a truck stop, it is best not to make eye contact with the truckers. It's a good bet that 8 out of 10 truckers will scare the beegeezus out of you.
5. It's a fair assumption that the little guy's favorite part of the trip will be the 10 seconds that we spent in a tunnel in Mobile, AL.
4. It's a fair assumption that his second favorite thing will be yelling "I see water in my window!!" 400 bagillion times as we crossed the swamps of the south.
3. Many hours of silence and choosing your own music does a mind a lot of good.
2. I have a DVD player to thank for that many hours of silence...and a sweet little boy who just so happens to be the absolute best traveler around...a little boy who also happens to be sleeping with his arm around my neck right now. And I wuv it more than Pandora.1. I am looking forward to a good night's sleep with my littlest little-un tonight, a good free continental breakfast in the morn, and crossing the great ole' state line of Texas tomorrow afternoon.