Saturday, April 16, 2011

10 things I learned today


10. The stretch of I-10 through the Florida panhandle is perhaps one of the most agonizingly boring stretches of interstate in this country.

9. One of the best things about a smart phone on a long trip is PANDORA! Wuv it!!

8. I'm pretty sure that there are fingerprints embedded into the steering wheel from the fear of plunging into the murky water under all the long bridges we passed from Alabama through Louisianna.

7. I am also pretty sure that I now have a good plan of escape for the little guy and I on the chance that we plunge into the depths of the murky water under the countless bridges we have to cross on our way home.

6. When stopping at a truck stop, it is best not to make eye contact with the truckers. It's a good bet that 8 out of 10 truckers will scare the beegeezus out of you.

5. It's a fair assumption that the little guy's favorite part of the trip will be the 10 seconds that we spent in a tunnel in Mobile, AL.

4. It's a fair assumption that his second favorite thing will be yelling "I see water in my window!!" 400 bagillion times as we crossed the swamps of the south.

3. Many hours of silence and choosing your own music does a mind a lot of good.

2. I have a DVD player to thank for that many hours of silence...and a sweet little boy who just so happens to be the absolute best traveler around...a little boy who also happens to be sleeping with his arm around my neck right now. And I wuv it more than Pandora.1. I am looking forward to a good night's sleep with my littlest little-un tonight, a good free continental breakfast in the morn, and crossing the great ole' state line of Texas tomorrow afternoon.

6 comments:

Joy: on April 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM said...

Do be careful on your very long ride!

Amanda on April 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM said...

Aww Amber my dad is a truck driver. I bet he looks scary but guarantee he would hold the door open for you and Nate if he was walking in behind you! Don't be scared of them all;)

Heidi on April 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM said...

Thanks to your last 2 posts, I have a big grin on my face! be safe on your road trip :) love the pics, Hugs and prayers always-
Heidi & Jack

Amber on April 17, 2011 at 7:54 AM said...

Amanda, we have a really good friend who is a truck driver too. That's why I said 8 out of 10... :-)

Wanda on April 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM said...

I totally agree with you! Drove the boring road between jax and Pensacola for ten years! It never changes . . . Still looks the same! Drive safe and have a good visit.

Kyla on April 18, 2011 at 3:05 PM said...

Safe travels!!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez