Tuesday, April 19, 2011

10 things I love about Texas


10. The pride shown all over the faces of the people who say "I live in Texas."

9. The state flag...simple, elegant, strong.

8. The way the hot wind blows the grass constantly. I don't know why, but I love stepping outside and feeling that.

7. Whataburger.

6. Men wearing cowboy boots everywhere. We had a resident today who was wearing them...something you don't normally see in a hospital/doctor office setting. He also had what I am betting was a cowboy hat hair line which made me assume that he was just a cowboy posing as a doctor who would ride his horse Bessy on the sides of the interstate toward his homestead once it was quittin' time for the day.

5. Mexican restaurants.

4. The fact that almost every eatery has Dr. Pepper.

3. The fact that most every one has some sort of "Texas themed" decoration in their house...(see #10 for reason)

2. The state is home to so many of our dear friends and family. People who we wish lived nearer. People who we love deeply.

1. It is also home to some of the most amazing, compassionate, brilliant, and understanding doctors in this country. Doctors who I can honestly say that I am so very thankful that they know and care for my son.

(Nate swinging at the park beside the hospital as we wait for the time for our next GI scan of the day)
It's been a couple of long, exhausting days full of quite a bit of information...information that I need to let sit and simmer for a bit before putting it all down here. Hopefully I will have the chance to go into it all more in depth when I get home and am better rested and had time to think about and process the appts of the week. One more appt tomorrow and then we start our trek home on Thursday. The little guy is still hanging in there like a champ!

6 comments:

Laurie on April 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM said...

Hope you enjoy your short stay in Texas and get some good news while you're here. Wish we would have had time to meet or cross paths at the clinic, my son Trace had an appt with GI yesterday afternoon. He was diagnosed with mito Oct 2010 and we love the doctors here in Houston. Hope all goes well and have a safe trip back!

Amber on April 19, 2011 at 6:32 PM said...

Laurie, that is so weird...Nate saw GI yesterday afternoon as well. We saw Dr. Imseis. What time were you all there? I bet we crossed each other in the mix!

jengame on April 20, 2011 at 6:16 AM said...

I enjoy your writing so much, Amber. I laugh, I cry, and I pray, pray, pray for Nathan.
Have a safe trip home!
Love and hugs,
Jenny

september on April 20, 2011 at 8:51 AM said...

I needed this this morning, Amber! We've sold our house in NJ, close on the house in TX next week and are currently in limbo for the rest of the school year while the kids finish up (and hubby wraps up the work situation) before we relocate for good. Limbo is rough but it's nice getting some positive feedback about our new home state!

larissa on April 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM said...

I gotta say, I think Texas is pretty great too. The hubby's not even a native, but he loves it as well.

I'm glad y'all had a good trip.

Kyla on April 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM said...

I live here and can definitely agree with most of these...especially 7, 5, 4, 1.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez