9. The state flag...simple, elegant, strong.
8. The way the hot wind blows the grass constantly. I don't know why, but I love stepping outside and feeling that.
6. Men wearing cowboy boots everywhere. We had a resident today who was wearing them...something you don't normally see in a hospital/doctor office setting. He also had what I am betting was a cowboy hat hair line which made me assume that he was just a cowboy posing as a doctor who would ride his horse Bessy on the sides of the interstate toward his homestead once it was quittin' time for the day.
5. Mexican restaurants.
4. The fact that almost every eatery has Dr. Pepper.
3. The fact that most every one has some sort of "Texas themed" decoration in their house...(see #10 for reason)
2. The state is home to so many of our dear friends and family. People who we wish lived nearer. People who we love deeply.
1. It is also home to some of the most amazing, compassionate, brilliant, and understanding doctors in this country. Doctors who I can honestly say that I am so very thankful that they know and care for my son.
(Nate swinging at the park beside the hospital as we wait for the time for our next GI scan of the day)It's been a couple of long, exhausting days full of quite a bit of information...information that I need to let sit and simmer for a bit before putting it all down here. Hopefully I will have the chance to go into it all more in depth when I get home and am better rested and had time to think about and process the appts of the week. One more appt tomorrow and then we start our trek home on Thursday. The little guy is still hanging in there like a champ!