Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jackson Emmett Taylor


"I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:7-11
The bible gives us numerous examples to follow when faced with trials and tribulations. We read about Job, David, Paul and so many other believers as they face adversities of life while still honoring and praising our God. However, when faced with exceedingly sorrowful circumstances in today's society where so many of us feel an entitlement to perfect serenity and utopia, it is often rare to witness families reacting to tribulations in a full God-honoring way.
On April 4, 2011, an little 6 pound 5 ounce bundle of joy named Jackson Emmett Taylor was lent to this earth for a very short time to bring thousands of people to their knees in intense prayer and close communion with our heavenly father. Unbeknownst to his precious mother and father at the time of his birth, this precious little child of God would bring countless people from many nationalities and religions closer to our Savior. Through the example his immediate and extended families showed to others in how to deal with tribulation through faith, hope, and intense prayer, Jack's little life made more of an impact on countless others in his 5 short days on this earth than most can be credited for in an entire lifetime.Jack's life has been etched into the minds and hearts of many, never to be forgotten. The same rings true for the way his family handled the deepest of sorrows when faced with the life and death of their precious loved one..."Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:1-2
My heart leapt with joy and thankfulness when I saw the picture of the 24-hour prayer list made by the members of Grace Chapel, in which the members would pray for the hour in which they signed up. This assured that there were prayers being offered unto our God in behalf of Jack's life and his family 24 hours a day. What an amazing and incredible example to other families and churches met with such intense trials. I thank God for this.When the cooling cap had been removed and the further testing had shown that Jack was not likely to be granted the miracle in the sense that many of us had been praying, this precious family did not waiver in their faith. They were shuttled to a private room in the hospital where they sang songs and hymns and spiritual songs to precious little Jack until he passed from the arms of his earthly father into the arms of his heavenly father. A picture that has been burned into my memory banks for as long as I have my mind is the one of Jack's precious mother and father, Susanna and Aaron, singing "How Sweet to Die" to their newborn son before his death. This scene is one of complete submission to God's will. A parent's heart never wants to let their children go, but with God's abundant grace and intense love holding them close, they are given the ability to sing "How Sweet to Die" to their child.

"Farewell vain world, I'm going home
My Saviour bids me come.
Sweet angels beckon from on high,
Then, O how sweet to die.

I'm glad that I am born to die,
From grief my soul shall fly,
Sweet angels beckon from on high,
Then, O how sweet to die.

I'll praise my Savior while I've breath,
I'll praise Him after death,
I'll praise His matchless name on high,
Then, O how sweet to die.

I soon shall pass this vale of death,
When I shall lose my breath,
And then my happy soul shall fly,
Then, O how sweet to die."


Oh, how humbling it is to even know of the circumstances. I can not even imagine how intense it was to actually witness first-hand the events of this week surrounding the Taylor and Guess families. But I am thankful...thankful for their example in immense sorrow, thankful for their undying love for our Savior, thankful for a God who allows us to learn through the lives of others, thankful for the close communion with my Lord during this time, thankful for Lil' Jack and his family...for they suffered so that countless others may grow spiritually.Please continue to keep this precious family in your prayers. Pray earnestly for Susanna and Aaron, as they encounter the searing pain of losing a child. Pray that they are given all that is needed to continue day after day with the intense sadness of not having a thriving child in their home quite yet like they had imagined and expected.I thank God for allowing so many of us to experience the short life of Jackson Emmett Taylor. And I am thankful that this little guy is now rejoicing and singing in heaven.
**Photos taken by and courtesy of Meredith Guess.

6 comments:

~plaid on April 10, 2011 at 11:46 PM said...

I will pray for them, as I very much know that there is comfort in the hour of death. But it is the intensity of mourning and grieving that comes in, and if there is not the strength of good friends and family to help through it, those waves can crush even those who are strengthened in faith. We need each other, and especially in the days, weeks, months, and yes, years after death takes our little ones from us. I can't be the support to this family that they need - as it must truly come from those who can mourn *with* them and not merely *for* them. But I can pray that those in their life can be inspired, and will head those promptings, to aid their hearts through the journey of grief. Little Jackson is in paradise, joining so many other little children, such as my Dominic and Bridget. I, too, am touched by the depth of life that Jackson lived in such a short time. His influence will be a great treasure for so many in this world. A blessing, but then such a bittersweet thing to gain a blessing coupled with such heartache. I will pray for this family.

Heidi on April 11, 2011 at 3:21 AM said...

Many prayers for baby Jacks family, was so hoping he would pull through this treatment, hugs--
Heidi & Jack

Dianne on April 11, 2011 at 6:18 AM said...

Amber, you're a wonderful writer and managed to convey the soul-deep faith of this Mom and Dad in such a brutal time. I was invited to their site and prayed for them. I was simply amazed at the contact that spread around the world in such a short time. It didn't end the way I'd hoped, but, it ended in the BEST possible way...as you posted, "from his father's arms into his Father's arms". You have a beautiful family. I've often heard of your little Nathan, prayed for him, for you all. May God continue to bless each of you and your family as He has.

Heather on April 11, 2011 at 7:58 AM said...

Oh, sweet baby boy, I was praying you would make it... Praying for his family.

Cheryl and Bricen on April 11, 2011 at 11:38 AM said...

My continued prayers.

Clarissa on April 11, 2011 at 1:43 PM said...

praying! i know their pain all too well!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez