Monday, August 22, 2011

Kindergarten


My dearest Emma,

You popped out of bed with a smile on your face the moment I stroked your cheek to wake you for this big day. You were so excited! You quickly dressed, tried your new backpack on, and ran to check your new look out in the mirror. I have to admit, you were mighty cute.

Your goal this summer was to drink as much milk as you could so that you wouldn't be the smallest kid in kindergarten. I'm not so sure you succeeded, as you looked so tiny walking through those halls to your new classroom. You said you were nervous, but it never showed at all. You walked with an incredible amount of confidence as we dropped Abby off first and then made the trek to your class.

You knew exactly where to place your lunchbox, and you found your cubby to hold your backpack. While sitting quietly and thumbing through a book, you looked up at me one last time and smiled your squinty-eyed smile. I look at you so often and still see you as my baby girl, but this morning, I realized how old you have suddenly become.

You are pretty amazing, my sweet Emmabear. You have the innate ability to adapt to any situation you are in with such an amazing attitude. You tackle these big milestones with ease and are excited about the adventures that lie ahead with each new step in your life. Your laid-back personality makes walking this journey with you so much easier on us as well. I know you are going to enjoy every single aspect of this time in your life. These are some of the best days! I love you, Em. Happy first day of kindergarten.
Make a video - it's fun, easy and free!
www.onetruemedia.com



Link to Abby's first day of kindergarten this time 2 years ago: here.

4 comments:

Tara on August 22, 2011 at 11:44 AM said...

Precious video and ofcourse I cried! She was so excited yesterday at church, when she was telling me and Jolee about her teacher and her new school!

Kyla on August 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM said...

Aww, happy first day of kinder, Emma!

Ali on August 22, 2011 at 1:40 PM said...

I hate these posts! You always make me cry! I think you just want company on a morning like this! Love you girl!

Ali

His Mercy Endureth Forever on August 23, 2011 at 8:34 AM said...

Happy first day of kindegarten, Emma! Hope it was everything you dreamed of and much more!
Love, Abbey #1 and the rest of the Johnson Clan!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez