Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Swamp Dash & Bash


I knew it would be a fun day, but I honestly didn't expect the day to be as incredible as it truly was. I didn't expect it to strengthen the bond most of us already had with each other even more. I didn't expect to think about every aspect of the day later on and just smile remembering it all. And I didn't fully expect being so sore the next day that every movement was met with pain, showcasing that my body is getting older when my mind still feels young.

The Swamp Dash was truly an amazing experience with women on Team Natester that I feel so very blessed to call "my friends". The run was physically challenging, but nothing was too hard to handle with the physical and emotional support from each other.

Team Natester won first place for team fundraising, which was such a special honor. One of the incentives for raising the amount of money you all helped us raise was that we had a couple of race volunteers follow our team around and take pictures of us at many of the obstacles. Obviously, pictures of life mean so much to me, and these pictures that represent the teamwork and effort we experienced that day are so very special.

For the fundraising efforts, Team Natester received the best trophy ever...a gator head attached to a plank of wood. How much more Florida can you get? It's new home is on one of the walls in the Natester's room.

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you for your support...both monetarily and emotionally. You all helped us raise almost $3000 for Shands Children's Hospital...something I can't think about without grinning from ear to ear and thanking God for surrounding us with so many that care for Nate and our family. Thank you all so very much.

It was an incredible day...with some really incredible people. I can't wait to do it again next year. Go Team Natester!

1 comments:

Kathy on April 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM said...

Beautiful...absolutely beautiful that through all the toil and strife and hard times and struggle there is time for laughter and friendship and victory. Quite like the journey of Mito. Way to go Team Natester!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez