Friday, December 28, 2012

9 years


My Dearest Abigail,

Its hard to believe that you are 9 years old today. I sometimes reminisce on your toddler years and feel like they were just yesterday. You were my little toe-headed, blue-eyed bundle of energy with an insatiable thirst for exploring the world around you. You walked early, talked early, and seemed to get stuck in every little place imaginable. I just chuckle when remembering the many times I had to pull and yank your stuck appendages out of chairs, trees, and any other small space you thought you could fit into. 

I am so thankful for the young lady you are becoming. You have such a God-honoring and joyous heart, and it makes me so happy to see you developing into such a beautiful person on the inside and outside. Your inner beauty and desire to please and honor God will direct your happiness and contentment as you grow older. 

My precious girl, your intelligence amazes me every day. You have always been so incredibly bright, but I have seen your knowledge take off at warp speed this year. I find it fascinating that you can remember so many facts and figures in that little head of yours. I have always said that your brain is indeed like a huge sponge, soaking up as much knowledge as you can at all times. Reading quite well for the past few years, you have found that you are actually enjoying reading this year. You often read for pleasure now instead of as a chore or homework. It pleases my heart to peek into your room and see you curled up with a book on your bed. 

But my favorite part of your attitude and personality is your compassion. You are perhaps the most compassionate child I know. You have a giving heart and are constantly trying to please those around you. Before blowing out the candles on your birthday cake, you closed your eyes for a couple of seconds and made a wish. When I inquired as to what you wished for, you sheepishly confessed that you wished that Nathan would not have mitochondrial disease anymore. Always thinking about others above yourself, your wish did not surprise me, but it did touch my heart. Your compassion is one that we all need to emulate. 

You are a loyal friend and trust-worthy in so many ways. You love unconditionally. You smile and laugh often. You are just such a joy to be around. And I love you with all my heart, my sweet Abby. Happy 9th Birthday, sweet pea. 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Abby! The video is gorgeous.

Linda C

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez